Phone: (208) 384-8588
E-mail T.J. Angstman
T.J. Angstman – LinkedIn
University of Idaho – J.D., 1997
Boise State University – B.B.A., 1993
Idaho Bar, 1998
U.S. Supreme Court, 2001
9th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2001
District of Idaho Bankruptcy Court, 1998
Idaho State and Federal Courts, 1998
Honors & Distinctions
Martindale Hubble Preeminent AV Peer Review Rating
Named in Mountain States Super Lawyers 2010
Professionalism Award, 2000
“Accomplished Under 40″- Idaho Business Review, 2005
Summer Clerk to Honorable Jim D. Pappas, U.S. Bankruptcy Court
Idaho State Bar, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section
Idaho State Bar, Real Estate Section
Idaho Trial Lawyer’s Association
T.J. Angstman has been practicing law since 1998, and has extensive experience in real estate as well as business ventures, collections, finance, and bankruptcy. He also has experience in estate planning, technology law, water law, and class action litigation.
Prior to earning his degree at BSU, T.J. became a licensed real estate agent in the State of Idaho. In 1993, he graduated from Boise State University with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance. T.J. graduated early from the University of Idaho, earning his Juris Doctor in 1997.
In 2000, T.J. received the Professionalism Award from the Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section of the Idaho State Bar. In 2005, he was the recipient of the “Accomplished Under Forty Award” from the Idaho Business Review.
T.J. is a licensed real estate broker and has been certified by the Idaho Real Estate Commission as an instructor for real estate law. He often conducts seminars and workshops as continuing legal education for attorneys and continuing education for real estate agents.
- Defended LLC Manager in Suit by Minority Members for Breach of Contract and Breach of Fiduciary Duty.
- Represented Builder in Suit Against Home Buyer for Non-Payment.
- Defended Loan Guarantor in Claim on Loan Guaranty.
- Defended Concert Promoter in Suit by Former Employee/Shareholder on Breach of Contract Claim.
- Represented Log Home Buyer in Claim against General Contractor.
- Defended Real Estate Agent/Broker in Disciplinary Proceedings.
- Represented Home Seller in Suit Against Real Estate Broker.
- Represented Patent Holder in Patent Infringement Claim Against Micron Technology.
- Defended Business Owner in Antitrust Class Action Suit.
- Represented Partner in Partnership Dispute.
- Represented Landowner in Easement Suit.
- Represented Property Owner in Land Transaction.
- Represented Business Owner in Formation of Business.
- Represented Business Enforcing Non-compete Agreement.
“Advanced Real Estate Law” (National Business Institute)
“Real Estate Litigation in Idaho” (National Business Institute)
“Construction Lien Law in Idaho” (Lorman Education Services)
“Fundamentals of Real Estate Closings in Idaho” (Lorman Education Services)
“How to Obtain Good Title in Idaho Real Estate Transactions” (National Business Institute)
“Construction Delay Claims” (Lorman Business Center, Inc.)
“How to Land the Big One” (Arid Club Seminar)
“Marketing and Network of Real Estate Investment and Commercial Land Opportunities” (Arid Club Seminar)
“Real Estate Development from Beginning to End” (Lorman Education Services)
“Title Law in Idaho” (National Business Institute)
“Foreclosure and Bankruptcy” (National Business Institute)
“Landlord Tenant Law – Landlord, Evictions, Litigation, & Settlements” (Sterling Education Services, Inc.)
“Real Estate Law” (Sun Valley Board of Realtors, Inc.)
- Callies v. O’Neal, 147 Idaho 841, 216 P.3d 130, Idaho, July 07, 2009
- Posey v. Ford Motor Credit Co., 141 Idaho 477, 111 P.3d 162, 56 UCC Rep.Serv.2d 897, Idaho App., March 31, 2005
- In Re Schweizer, 354 B.R. 272, Bkrtcy.D.Idaho, March 02, 2006
- Bafus/Dudley v. Aspen Realty, Inc., 236 F.R.D. 652, 2006-1 Trade Cases P 75,332, D.Idaho, June 23, 2006
- Roell v. City of Boise, 999 P.2d 251 (Idaho Supreme Court 2000)
- Yasuda v. Sel-Equity, 574 F.3d 1084 (C.A.9 (Idaho) 2009)
- Bafus/Dudley v. Aspen Realty, Inc., 2006 WL 318779, 2006-1 Trade Cases P 75,268, D.Idaho, February 08, 2006
- Bafus/Dudley v. Aspen Realty, Inc., 2007 WL 793633, D.Idaho, March 14, 2007
- Credit Suisse v. Boespflug, 2009 WL 800216, D.Idaho, February 13, 2009
- Credit Suisse v. Boespflug, 2009 WL 800214, D.Idaho, March 25, 2009
- In Re Lifestyle Home Furnishings, 2009 WL 1270317, 68 UCC Rep.Serv.2d 825, Bkrtcy.D.Idaho, May 07, 2009
- Homestreet Bank v. Steiner, 2009 WL 1444348, D.Idaho, May 20, 2009
- In Re Lifestyle Home Furnishings, 2010 WL 148644, 70 UCC Rep.Serv.2d 827, Bkrtcy.D.Idaho, January 14, 2010
- Homestreet Bank v. Steiner, 2010 WL 1904671, D.Idaho, March 11, 2010
- Homestreet Bank v. Steiner, 2010 WL 1924778, D.Idaho, May 11, 2010
- Morningstar v. G2 LLC, 2010 WL 4641274, D.Idaho, November 08, 2010
- Morningstar v. G2 LLC, 2011 WL 4701751, D.Idaho, October 04, 2011
- Teague v. Alternate Energy Holdings, Inc., 2011 WL 6337611, D.Idaho, December 19, 2011
- Morningstar v. G2 LLC, 2012 WL 287517, D.Idaho, January 31, 2012
- Morningstar v. G2 LLC, 2012 WL 851207, D.Idaho, March 13, 2012