Each attorney we hire adds value to our firm and brings experience and knowledge to our legal practice. Angstman Johnson hires attorneys with diverse backgrounds, exceptional academic achievement and outstanding interpersonal skills. At Angstman Johnson, you will find a career that challenges you. We believe wholeheartedly in our firm-wide team approach. If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample via mail or electronic submission to our Office Administrator, Kevin Gilbert.
Job Title: Controller
Reports To: Managing Partner
Angstman Johnson is a law firm that provides both litigation and transactional representation, with offices in both Boise and Twin Falls, Idaho. The firm represents a wide variety of clients, which include national and local businesses and individuals. We offer a team environment with excellent benefits.
The Controller is primarily responsible for managing the firm’s finances and billing and providing regular reports and input to firm management regarding productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of firm policies and procedures.
- Manages monthly billing process to ensure that accurate and timely invoices are issued to the firm’s clients.
- Produce monthly financial reports and analysis for firm management.
- Maintain an accurate general ledger.
- Manages payables and vendor invoices.
- Accurately post all client payments to the appropriate matters.
- Manage pursuit of accounts receivable
- Assist the attorneys and paralegals in the production of transaction history and other reports as needed.
- Support and provide back-up to the Office Manager.
- Protect the confidentiality of the firm’s clients.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook, Excel, and relational database systems; working knowledge of current technology to include imaging and scanning applications.
- Must be self-motivated, energetic, possess the ability to take direction well, and collaborate as a team member.
- Ability to develop trust and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time management, and prioritization skills required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience in position(s) of comparable responsibility.