Employer – Employee Matters
At Angstman Johnson, we emphasize prevention and compliance so you can make your business succeed without employment problems getting in the way. We can guide you to be compliant with the numerous complex federal and state laws employers are required to abide by. For example:
- ERISA (including HIPPA), and Employee Benefits
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and the Idaho Wage Claim Act
- Title VII and the Idaho Human Rights Act
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Brian Peterson, an Angstman Johnson attorney, previously enforced ERISA statutes for ten years with the U.S. Department of Labor and can handle all of your employee benefits matters. In addition, if a government agency begins an investigation into you or your company, Brian can guide and defend you through that process. As a previous regulator himself, Brian knows the process and tools to defend you well.
Additionally, if violations of law are asserted against you or your company, we have almost 60 years of extensive litigation, mediation, and negotiation experience to help you resolve the issue. We strive to take the stress off our clients and resolve the matter so you can return to running your business.”
We help employers with legal issues related to their relationship with their employees. For instance:
- EE benefits,
- Employment contracts and severance agreements
- Wages and overtime.
- Sexual or other harassment, or discrimination, how to prevent or address it.
- Trade secrets, how do I protect them?
- Is there any legal risk in terminating a certain employee?
- Guidance through legal issues if you are in financial distress
- Avoiding wrongful termination – Idaho’s at-will employment status is not complete protection
- Confidentiality agreements
- Monitoring and documenting employee performance
- Employee discipline
We help employees with legal issues or questions related to their relationship with their employer. For instance:
- Wage and hour, am I being properly paid?
- Am I being discriminated against?
- I have a disability. Can I, or how do I get accommodation from my employer?
- How do my employee benefits work?
- What do all the terms in my employment contract or severance agreement mean?
Whether you are an employer or employee, Angstman Johnson can help you with your employment-related matters.