Natasha Hazlett focuses her practice primarily on estate planning, probate and civil litigation. She has extensive experience in administering and settling complex and contested decedent’s estates, handling will contests, establishing guardianships and conservatorships, and drafting estate planning documents.
Natasha is a frequent speaker on the topics of estate planning and probate. She is the author of the informative Idaho Estate Planning and Probate Blog
Prior to joining the firm, Natasha worked for a large law firm in Memphis, Tennessee, where she practiced in the areas of estate planning, tax, probate, civil litigation and bankruptcy.
Natasha graduated from Southern Methodist University with B.A. degrees in both Political Science and Advertising. She received her J.D. from the Dedman School of Law at Southern Methodist University.
When she is not practicing law, Natasha enjoys traveling with her husband, volunteering in the community and helping entrepreneurs build a successful online presence for their business.
- Represented guarantors in litigation over multi-million dollar personal guarantees.
- Represented personal representatives administering multi-million dollar estates.
- Represented corporate trustee in litigation regarding trust modification.
- Assist family members in obtaining guardianship and conservatorships over loved ones.
- Negotiated favorable settlement between four adversarial parties in a highly controversial estate matter.
- Represented shareholder in a derivative action.
- Advised national hotel management company regarding sales tax and hotel tax issues.
- Represented insurance guaranty association in nursing home litigation.
- Represented lender in complex Chapter 11 adversarial proceeding and obtained favorable non-dischargeable judgment against debtor.
- Represented non-profits in obtaining 501(c)(3) classification
“Drafting Effective Wils and Trusts: Fundamental Principles of Will Drafting”
“Estate Planning Basics: Client Interviews & Planning for Incapacity”
“Probate & Inheritance in Idaho” Presentation for the Idaho Land Title Association
“Drafting Basic Estate Planning Documents: Client Interviews & Key Elements of Effective Wills”
“Ethical Considerations in Tax Law and Charitable Planning with Retirement Plan Assets”
“Using Living Trusts and Powers of Attorney as Estate Planning Tools”
“Planning Methods to Control Medical Treatment”
“Asset Protection after the Tennessee Investment Services Act”
“Foreclosures: How Bankruptcy Changes the Landscape”
“Expert Testimony: Going Back to the Basics: An Analysis of Federal and State Law Governing the Admissibility of Expert Testimony”
“Law Practice Ethics”
Author, “The Idaho Attorneys’ Guide to Avoiding the McWill or McTrust,” The Advocate, August 2012
Author, “Expert Witnesses: Judges call into question whether experts help juries or replace them,” special to the Memphis Business Journal, 2005″
- Morningstar v. G2 LLC, 2010 WL 4641274, D.Idaho, November 08, 2010
- Morningstar v. G2 LLC, 2011 WL 864300, D. Idaho, March 10, 2011
- Morningstar v. G2 LLC, 2011 WL 4701751, D.Idaho, October 04, 2011
- Morningstar v. G2 LLC, 2012 WL 287517, D.Idaho, January 31, 2012
- Morningstar v. G2 LLC, et. al. 2012 WL 851207, D.Idaho, March 13, 2012
What Others Say About Natasha
- “I had the fortunate pleasure to work with Natasha Hazlett on a very difficult business matter with a former employing corporation. Natasha’s level of expertise was essential to being able to resolve the matter in the most expeditious time frame. Not only was Natasha able to guide me in the legal process and keep me focused on the most pertinent matters, but she is also a genuinely nice person. I highly recommend Natasha to any person or business who desires a quality and responsive attorney.”
- “Natasha and I represented co-defendants in a lengthy, emotionally-charged probate matter which pitted sibling against sibling in a fight over control and money. Natasha’s communication skills and insight were a great benefit to all lawyers and parties involved in the contest.”
- “I worked with Natasha as an opposing counsel on a complicated business litigation matter. Although the clients’ relationship was highly contentious, Natasha conducted herself in a thoroughly professional manner and was able to negotiate a resolution for her client that was the best outcome for everyone involved.”
- “Natasha took the information about how I wanted to distribute my estate and showed me how to maximize the value. She listened well and made sure I knew every choice and the implications of each. In addition, we worked together as neighborhood association officers in organizing and running that for several years. Natasha is very good at communication, organizing, and leading others to work cooperatively. I very highly recommend her!”
- “My husband and I got Natasha to help us draw up our wills in preparation for the birth of our first child. She was very willing to stop and explain any terms that my husband and I didn’t understand, and cited examples that made sense to us. We would definitely recommend her services to other prospective clients.”
- “Ms. Hazlett did an excellent job with my recent Estate and Trust issues. She is very professional, but also personable. I will and have recommended her to others needing such services.”
- “Natasha is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about helping people through difficult issues. Her greatest asset is making the process easy to understand. I have a huge sense of relief knowing that I finally have my affairs clearly in order.”