T.J. Angstman has been practicing law since April 1998, and has extensive experience in real estate as well as business ventures, collections, finance, and bankruptcy. He also has experience in estate planning, technology law, water law, and class action litigation.
Prior to earning his bachelor’s degree at Boise State University, T.J. became a licensed real estate agent in the State of Idaho. In 1993, he graduated from Boise State University with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance. T.J. graduated early from the University of Idaho, earning his Juris Doctor in December 1997.
In 2000, T.J. received the Professionalism Award from the Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section of the Idaho State Bar. In 2005, he was the recipient of the “Accomplished Under Forty Award” from the Idaho Business Review. In 2016 T. J. received the coveted “Leaders in the Law” award from the Idaho Business Review.
T.J. is a licensed real estate broker and has been certified by the Idaho Real Estate Commission as an instructor for real estate law. He often conducts seminars and workshops as continuing legal education for attorneys and continuing education for real estate agents.
Real estate is a passion for T. J. He is and has been the managing principal in several real estate development companies. These companies have developed hundreds of lots, homes, and commercial parcels in Idaho since 1993. T. J. is able to use his valuable experience as a principal in these ventures to solve your legal problems.
- Defended LLC Manager in Suit by Minority Members for Breach of Contract and Breach of Fiduciary Duty.
- Represented Builder in Suit Against Home Buyer for Non-Payment.
- Defended Loan Guarantor in Claim on Loan Guaranty.
- Defended Concert Promoter in Suit by Former Employee/Shareholder on Breach of Contract Claim.
- Represented Log Home Buyer in Claim against General Contractor.
- Defended Real Estate Agent/Broker in Disciplinary Proceedings.
- Represented Home Seller in Suit Against Real Estate Broker.
- Represented Patent Holder in Patent Infringement Claim Against Micron Technology.
- Defended Business Owner in Antitrust Class Action Suit.
- Represented Partner in Partnership Dispute.
- Represented Landowner in Easement Suit.
- Represented Property Owner in Land Transaction.
- Represented Business Owner in Formation of Business.
- Represented Business Enforcing Non-compete Agreement.
Teaching & Lecturing Appearances
- 12/7/2001 – NBI Seminar Instructor “Advanced Real Estate Law,” Boise, Idaho
- 1/5/05 – Idaho State Bar “Appraising the Appraiser”, Boise, Idaho
- 4/5/2005 – NBI Seminar Instructor “Real Estate Litigation in Idaho,” Boise, Idaho
- 5/24/2005 – Lorman Education Services Seminar Instructor “Construction Lien Law in Idaho”, Boise, Idaho
- 5/31/05 – Idaho Trial Lawyers Association “The ABC’s of Mediation”, Boise, Idaho
- 9/10/2005 – Lorman Education Services Seminar Instructor “Fundamentals of Real Estate Closings in Idaho,” Boise, Idaho
- 10/10/2005 – NBI Seminar Instructor “How to Obtain Good Title in Idaho Real Estate Transactions,” Boise, Idaho
- 4/4/2006 – Lorman Education Services Instructor “Construction Delay Claims,” Boise, Idaho
- 5/16/2006 – Idaho Real Estate Commission “Hot Topics CORE 2006,” Boise, Idaho
- 6/7/06 – Idaho State Bar Real Property Section “Overview of Securities Laws for Real Estate Practitioners”, Boise, Idaho
- 8/30/06 – Lorman Education Services Instructor “Construction Lien Law in Idaho,” Boise, Idaho
- 12/5/06 – Idaho State Bar Real Property Section “Trustee’s Foreclosure and Related Bankruptcy Issues”, Boise, Idaho
- 10/04/07 – Arid Club Seminar Instructor, “How to Land the Big One” Boise, Idaho
- 3/06/08 – Arid Club Seminar Instructor, “Marketing and Networking of Real Estate Investment and Commercial Land Opportunities,” Boise, Idaho
- 5/21/08 – Idaho Real Estate Commission Seminar Instructor, “Instructor Development Workshop,” Boise, Idaho
- 5/29/08 –Lorman Education Services Seminar Instructor, “Development Process in a changing Market,” Boise, Idaho
- 9/30/08 – Lorman Education Services Seminar Instructor, “Real Estate Development from Beginning to End,” Boise, Idaho
- 10/13/08 –National Business Institute Seminar Instructor “How to Obtain Good Title in Idaho – Ethical Considerations,” Boise, Idaho
- 5/14/09 –National Business Institute Seminar Instructor, “Title Law in Idaho,” Boise, Idaho
- 11/9/09—National Business Institute Seminar Instructor, “Title Workshop: From Examination to Commitment, “ Boise, Idaho
- 12/07/09—National Business Institute Seminar Instructor, “ Foreclosure and Bankruptcy,” Boise, Idaho
- 4/15/10-Idaho State Bar Seminar Instructor, “A Delicate Balance: Judges, Juries, Lawyers and Journalists,” Boise, Idaho
- 12/8/10—National Business Institute Seminar Instructor, “Intro to Zoning and Land Use Litigation,” Boise, Idaho
- 2/25/11—Idaho State Bar Real Property Section Seminar Instructor, “Basic & Advanced Real Estate Topic: Deeds, Title Insurance, Foreclosures, Appraisals, Water Rights, Bankruptcy,” Boise, Idaho
- 3/3/11—Idaho Land Title Association Seminar Instructor, “Hot Topics in Real Estate Law,” Boise, Idaho
- 3/17/15 – Sterling Education Services, Inc. Seminar Instructor, “Landlord Tenant Law – Landlord, Evictions, Litigation, & Settlements”, Boise, Idaho
- 4/7/15 to 4/10/15 – Idaho Real Estate Commission Instructor Class, “Real Estate Law” for Sun Valley Board of Directors, Sun Valley, Idaho
- 7/20/15 to 7/23/15 – Envision Real Estate School & Consulting, Inc. Instructor, “Real Estate Law”
- 5/3/16 – Idaho Real Estate Commission Instructor, “Core 2016 Case Law Update”, Boise, Idaho
- 10/13/16 – Boise Investor Group Meeting Presentation, “Is it a Security or is it Real Estate?”, Meridian, Idaho
- 3/6/17 to 3/10/17 – Real Estate Academy of Idaho Instructor, “Real Estate Law”, Boise, Idaho
- 5/3/17 – Instructor for Intermountain Fair Housing Council, Inc. Instructor, Fair Housing Training, Idaho Falls, Idaho
- 7/17/18 – Silvercreek Realty Team Meeting Presentation, “Multiple Offers and Other Hot Topics”, Meridian, Idaho
- 7/18/18 – National Business Institute Seminar, “Boundary Issues and Easement Law”, Boise, Idaho
- Callies v. O’Neal, 147 Idaho 841, 216 P.3d 130, Idaho, July 07, 2009
- Posey v. Ford Motor Credit Co., 141 Idaho 477, 111 P.3d 162, 56 UCC Rep.Serv.2d 897, Idaho App., March 31, 2005
- In Re Schweizer, 354 B.R. 272, Bkrtcy.D.Idaho, March 02, 2006
- Bafus/Dudley v. Aspen Realty, Inc., 236 F.R.D. 652, 2006-1 Trade Cases P 75,332, D.Idaho, June 23, 2006
- Roell v. City of Boise, 999 P.2d 251 (Idaho Supreme Court 2000)
- Yasuda v. Sel-Equity, 574 F.3d 1084 (C.A.9 (Idaho) 2009)
- Bafus/Dudley v. Aspen Realty, Inc., 2006 WL 318779, 2006-1 Trade Cases P 75,268, D.Idaho, February 08, 2006
- Bafus/Dudley v. Aspen Realty, Inc., 2007 WL 793633, D.Idaho, March 14, 2007
- Credit Suisse v. Boespflug, 2009 WL 800216, D.Idaho, February 13, 2009
- Credit Suisse v. Boespflug, 2009 WL 800214, D.Idaho, March 25, 2009
- In Re Lifestyle Home Furnishings, 2009 WL 1270317, 68 UCC Rep.Serv.2d 825, Bkrtcy.D.Idaho, May 07, 2009
- Homestreet Bank v. Steiner, 2009 WL 1444348, D.Idaho, May 20, 2009
- In Re Lifestyle Home Furnishings, 2010 WL 148644, 70 UCC Rep.Serv.2d 827, Bkrtcy.D.Idaho, January 14, 2010
- Homestreet Bank v. Steiner, 2010 WL 1904671, D.Idaho, March 11, 2010
- Homestreet Bank v. Steiner, 2010 WL 1924778, D.Idaho, May 11, 2010
- Morningstar v. G2 LLC, 2010 WL 4641274, D.Idaho, November 08, 2010
- Morningstar v. G2 LLC, 2011 WL 4701751, D.Idaho, October 04, 2011
- Teague v. Alternate Energy Holdings, Inc., 2011 WL 6337611, D.Idaho, December 19, 2011
- Morningstar v. G2 LLC, 2012 WL 287517, D.Idaho, January 31, 2012
- Morningstar v. G2 LLC, 2012 WL 851207, D.Idaho, March 13, 2012
University of Idaho – J.D., 1997
Boise State University – B.B.A., 1993
Idaho Bar, 1998
U.S. Supreme Court, 2001
9th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2001
District of Idaho Bankruptcy Court, 1998
Idaho State and Federal Courts, 1998
Honors & Distinctions
Martindale Hubble Preeminent AV Peer Review Rating
Named in Mountain States Super Lawyers 2010
Professionalism Award, 2000
“Accomplished Under 40″- Idaho Business Review, 2005
Summer Clerk to Honorable Jim D. Pappas, U.S. Bankruptcy Court